This is Virtual CME / CE event about Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and Nasal Esketamine treatment program for Major Depressive Disorder.
Course Description: TMS and Nasal Esketamine are FDA approved treatments for Major Depressive Disorder. Join us to learn more about these specialty treatment options.
Presenting: Dr. Anish Shah, MD & Jessica Schmidt, PMHNP
- Assess patients for Major Depressive Disorder
- Discuss the benefits, risks, and the appropriate use of Esketamine and TMS
- Ability to compare side effect profiles of systemic oral antidepressants vs direct (non-systemic) TMS or nasal Esketamine
- Describe the mechanism of action of TMS
- Describe the mechanism of action of Esketamine
- Improved understanding of monitoring and treatment results in TMS and esketamine treatment
- Understanding Insurance and Authorization processes
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the California Medical Association (CMA) through the joint providership of Fresno Madera Medical Society and Siyan Clinical. Fresno Madera Medical Society is accredited by the CMA to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement: FMMS designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 hour(s) of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This credit may also be applied to the CMA certification in Continuing Medical Education.
For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact Katrina Albrecht, CCMA at KAlbrecht@siyanclinicalcom.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Academy is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact Katrina Albrecht, CCMA at KAlbrecht@siyanclinicalcom.